Fellows & Interns mentorship program
Building futures, shaping lives, preparing the Innovators of tomorrow.
Fellows & Interns mentorship program
Educational and learning objectives:
This volunteer research Fellowship and Internship program aims to provide training and mentorship opportunities for young researchers to advance their skills, gain hands- on research experience, and enhance their understanding of ethical principles and practices; while guiding their careers and building their character to be the future leaders in the field.
The program is open to:
International Medical Doctors National (US Based) Medical Doctors Ph.D. candidates
Master in Sciences
Completed Bachelor’s Degree
High School and College students
Applicants will submit their CV/Resume and a Statement letter (not more than 350 words). They will be contacted by the Chief Operations Officer, who will refer them to the selection committee. A decision will be taken with senior management based on experience, eagerness to collaborate, and a four-week trial period.
Fellowship and Internship Duration:
The program will last twelve months for fellows and 6 months (automatic renewal) for interns.
Strategy Sessions: Fellows and Interns will attend weekly strategy sessions that will cover a wide range of topics relevant to the research Fellows and Internship program, such as:
- Research Methods: Principles and practices of research design, data collection, and analysis.
- Ethical Issues in Research: Responsibility of researchers towards human or animal subjects, ethical data management and publication, research misconduct, and conflict of interest.
- Publication: Peer review, plagiarism, authorship, managing issues related to scientific misconduct, and good publishing practices.
- Career Development: Development and Executions of US scientific conferences.
- Based on performance, fellows may experience working in start-ups and companies.
Networking: Fellows and Interns will be able to interact with other Fellows, interns, and faculty members and attend research seminars and conferences.
The Fellowship Program will have the following benefits:
– Fellows travel and housing will be covered by SBMT to attend the AWC annual conference. (Once per cycle).
– Selected Fellows will also have complimentary tickets to the annual GFC Awards Gala.
– Fellows who consistently do outstanding work, for more than one year, will be nominated for an award in the GFC Awards Gala.
– Approved Research Paper publications and Posters publications will be funded by the SBMT and WBMF.
– Orientation and strategy sessions
– Matching of Fellows and Interns to faculty mentors
– Appointment to Subcommittee
– Assignment and development of research projects and goals.
– Be able to supervise new Fellows and Interns
– Implementation of research projects
– Continuation of strategy sessions
– Operations of Subcommittee assignments
– Journal Club presentation and execution
– Gain Competency to train new fellows and interns
– Draft presentations
– Learn to professionally lecture
– Present an engaging subject and the strategy sessions
– Completion of research projects
– Data analysis and interpretation
– Preparation of research presentations
– Publication, Presentation
– Preparation of Posters or Oral presentations
– Strategy Sessions
– Engagement in Book chapters
– Completion of scientific papers/ proposals
– Full engagement in the Annual World Congress
– Potential nomination for promotion/ jobs
– Potential nomination for Student Leadership Award
-Potential Letter of recommendation for Graduate, Post Graduate and professional training
– Participation in the organization of the conferenc