What information do we collect?
We collect the following types of personal information from visitors to our website:
- Contact information: This includes your name, email address, and phone number. We collect this information when you contact us through our website, such as when you submit a contact form or sign up for our newsletter.
- Donation information: If you make a donation through our website, we collect your name, email address, mailing address, and credit card information.
- Website usage information: This includes your IP address, browser type, operating system, and the pages you visit on our website. We collect this information through Google Analytics and other tracking technologies.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
How do we use your information?
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with the services you request: We use your contact information to send you updates about our organization and our work. We use your donation information to process your donation and send you thank-you messages.
- To improve our website: We use website usage information to improve our website and make it more user-friendly.
- To send you marketing communications: We may use your contact information to send you marketing communications about our organization and our work. You can opt out of receiving these communications at any time.
- To comply with the law: We may use your personal information to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
Who do we share your information with?
We may share your personal information with the following third parties:
- Our payment processor: We use a third-party payment processor to process donations made through our website. This processor will have access to your credit card information.
- Our website hosting provider: Our website is hosted by a third-party provider. This provider will have access to your website usage information.
- Other third parties: We may share your personal information with other third parties in limited circumstances, such as when we are required to do so by law or when we have your consent.
How long do we keep your information?
We will keep your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, or as required by applicable law.
You have the following rights with respect to your personal information:
- The right to access your personal information: You have the right to request a copy of your personal information that we hold.
- The right to correct your personal information: You have the right to request that we correct any inaccuracies in your personal information.
- The right to delete your personal information: You have the right to request that we delete your personal information.
- The right to object to the processing of your personal information: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information for certain purposes, such as marketing.
- The right to withdraw your consent: If you have given us your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
How to exercise your rights
To exercise your rights, please contact us at Contact@worldbrainmapping.org or 310-500-6196.