SBMT ME+ Brain INITIATIVE
To create a regional consortium on brain, spine and mental health addressing neurological disorders in the Middle East & Balkans under the banner of SBMT called; MIDDLE EAST (ME)+ Brain Initiative
Topics:Neurosurgery, Neurology, Neuroradiology, Psychiatry, Neurotechnology, Neuroengineering, and related policies.
ME+ Brain Initiative is a regional chapter of SBMT's Neuroscience20.
Goals of Neuroscience-20, N20
(BRAIN, Spine and Mental HEALTH)
- Build a global alliance for brain, spine and mental health/illness.
- N20 encourages a consortium approach to research and development.
- N20 advocates for a global harmonization of the related policies/standardization of data.
- N20 encourages a neuro-economical assessment of the future impact of disease, diagnostics and prevention.
- N20 encourages facilitating translation and commercialization of technologies across disciplines of science to rapidly identify and introduce new
generation of therapeutics including stem cells, nanotechnology, device, and imaging (a nanobioelectronic consortium/ company spinoffs).
- N20 advocates for unifying global regulations and guidelines on clinical trials and drug/device - combination discovery.
- N20 advocates for advancing innovation in brain, spine, and mental health through a global partnership and new funding initiatives between academic
centers, industry, non-profit organizations, and government agencies.
- N20 is a critical brain and spine consortium to facilitate integration of nanotechnology, artificial intelligence, virtual reality/augmented reality,
supercomputing, multimodality brain mapping/imaging (MEG), cellular therapeutics, neurophotonics and/or devices which could address the fast tracking innovation, reduce the cost of the healthcare delivery and make it more efficient.
- N20 will be bringing the global brain and spine initiatives together to identify best clinical and basic science practices and create a united front
to push for new effective therapeutics.
- Set unified standard amongst all, for training, prevention, care, and advance therapeutics related to brain, spine and mental disorders including
physicians, engineers, surgeons, nurses, chiropractors, physical therapists, osteopaths, physiologists, and other related disciplines.
- Provide capabilities at the local, regional, and national levels to advance practice of clinical neuroscience (brain, spine and mental health/illness)
through advocacy by engaging health ministries and government programs across the globe.
- Advocate for a global research and innovation funding for brain, spine and mental health.
- Facilitating investment and commercialization of neuro-technologies for brain, spine and mental health/illness.
- Educate professionals, patients and families about the latest state of science, technology, innovation and policies in
clinical neuroscience (brain, spine and mental health/illness).
- Provide accurate and up to date resources and data to the governments of G20 nation and beyond to adapt new policies for clinical neuroscience.
- Spread awareness amongst all to address mental/psychological issues such as PTSD for healthcare workers, anxiety and stress for patients, for those
who lost jobs and about prospect of future after the pandemic and prevention of suicides in the present and post-COVID-19 era.