First Annual Brain Mapping Day at the US Congress
Focused on state-of-the-art Science, Technology, Medicine and Education
View Congressman Moran's Letter
Moderator: Ret. Navy Admiral/Dr. Adam Robinson, Director of Global Physicians and Scientists (GPS) program of Brain Mapping Foundation.
Talk times were 5 minutes and the program speakers included Drs:
1. Babak Kateb, Founding Chairman and Scientific Director of the Board of SBMT, President of Brain Mapping Foundation, Director of National Center for Nano-Bio-Electronics (NCNBE), Research Scientist at Department of Neurosurgery, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Founding Editor-in-Chief of SBMT-PLosOne-NeuroMapping & Therapeutics (NMT).
Title of the talk: Nano-Bio-Electronic: Integration of Stem cell, nanotechnology, imaging and medical device
2. Mike Y. Chen, Assistant Professor of Neurosurgery and the Section Head of Metastatic Brain Tumor Program, City of Hope Cancer Center, California, President of SBMT, USA
Title of the talk: Biosurgery for Brain Tumors
3. Michael Roy, Colonel, Medical Corps, U.S.Army, Director, Division of Military Internal Medicine Professor of Medicine Uniformed Services, University of the Health Sciences, President Elect of SBMT.
Title of the Talk: Using Virtual Reality to Improve Early Identification and Treatment of PTSD
4. James M Ecklund, Chairman, Dept of Neurosciences, Inova Fairfax Hospital, Medical Director, Neurosciences, Inova Health System, Professor of Surgery, USUHS,Professor of Neurosurgery, George Washington University and Virginia Commonwealth University
Title of the talk: Leveraging the Brain Machine Interface to Enhance Functional Recovery from Combat Injuries.
5. Michael Lim, Member of the board of SBMT, Assistant Professor of Neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine Departments of Neurosurgery, Oncology, and Institute for NanoBiotechnology, Director of the Brain Tumor Immunotherapy Program Director of the Metastatic Brain Tumor Program.
Title of the Talk: Using Focused Radiation to Augments a Brain Tumor Vaccine Strategy.
6. Jean Paul Allain, Purdue University, Associate Professor of Nuclear Engineering, Associate Professor of Materials Engineering, Affiliate Faculty of the Birck Nanotechnology Center, Director, Radiation and Surface Science and Engineering Laboratory.
Title of the Talk: Nanotechnology in Support of a Novel Neuroendovascular Strategy
7. John D Heiss, Head of Clinical Unit, Surgical NeurologyBranch, NINDS, NIH, Bethesda, Clinical Professor of Neurosurgery, George Washington University, Member of the Board of Director of SBMT
Title of the talk: Brain Mapping in the Intraoperative MRI Suite
8. Warren Grundfest, Professor of Surgery and BioMedical Engineering, UCLA-David Giffen School of Medicine, Member of the Board of SBMT
Title of the Talk: Advanced methods for brain cancer detection
9. Kirsty Duncan, Member of the Canadian Parliament and Associate Professor of Heath Studies at the University of Toronto. Recipient of the 2012 Pioneer in Healthcare Policy award of SBMT.
Title of the Talk: Brain Policy