The G20 World Brain Mapping & Therapeutic Scientific Summit aims to contribute to President Obama's BRAIN initiative and to expand action on the current and upcoming initiatives across the G20 nations, bringing the finest scientists, engineers, physicians and surgeons across the globe in order to rapidly introduce clinical solutions for neurological disorders, which cost the world economy hundreds of billions of dollars annually. G20 World Brain Mapping Summit was launched in 2014 on the initiative of The Society for Brain Mapping and Therapeutics (SBMT). Read more...
G20 Summit/ Neuroscience 20
World Brain Mapping & Therapeutic Initiative
(Brain 20,Mental Health 20 and Spine 20)Symposium Program
G20 Summit /Neuroscience 20
(Brain 20, Mental Health 20 and Spine 20)
A proposed G20 priority due to Major Impact of the Cost of Neurological Disorders on the World Economy by Dr. Kuldip Sidhu and Dr. Babak Kateb. According to a World Health Organization large-scale study, about a third of the adult worldwide population suffer from a mental disorder such as depression, anxiety and schizophrenia.
Nature Biotechnology - 6/2013
$350 Million in New Funding for US BRAIN Initiative announced by President Obama. The principal goal of the BRAIN Initiative is to help researchers find new ways to treat, cure or prevent brain disorders, such as Alzheimer's disease, epilepsy and traumatic brain injury.
June 27-28, 2019
Summit Chair: Dr. Babak Kateb
Summit Vice Chair:
Dr. Shigeo Okabe
Dr. Hiroaki Nakamura
Goals of Neuroscience-20, N20
(Brain20, Spine20 and Mental Health20)
- Build a global alliance for brain, spine and mental health/illness.
- 2N20 encourages a consortium approach to research and development.
- N20 advocates for a global harmonization of the related policies/standardization of data.
- N20 encourages a neuro-economical assessment of the future impact of disease, diagnostics and prevention.
- N20 encourages facilitating translation and commercialization of technologies across disciplines of science to rapidly identify and introduce new generation of therapeutics including stem cells, nanotechnology, device, and imaging (a nanobioelectronic consortium/ company spinoffs).
- N20 advocates for unifying global regulations and guidelines on clinical trials and drug/device - combination discovery.
- N20 advocates for advancing innovation in brain, spine, and mental health through a global partnership and new funding initiatives between academic centers, industry, non-profit organizations, and government agencies.
- N20 is a critical brain and spine consortium to facilitate integration of nanotechnology, artificial intelligence, virtual reality/augmented reality, supercomputing, multimodality brain mapping/imaging (MEG), cellular therapeutics, neurophotonics and/or devices which could address the fast tracking innovation, reduce the cost of the healthcare delivery and make it more efficient.
- N20 will be bringing the global brain and spine initiatives together to identify best clinical and basic science practices and create a united front to push for new effective therapeutics.
- Set unified standard amongst all, for training, prevention, care, and advance therapeutics related to brain, spine and mental disorders including physicians, engineers, surgeons, nurses, chiropractors, physical therapists, osteopaths, physiologists, and other related disciplines.
- Provide capabilities at the local, regional, and national levels to advance practice of clinical neuroscience (brain, spine and mental health/illness) through advocacy by engaging health ministries and government programs across the globe.
- Advocate for a global research and innovation funding for brain, spine and mental health.
- Facilitating investment and commercialization of neuro-technologies for brain, spine and mental health/illness.
- Educate professionals, patients and families about the latest state of science, technology, innovation and policies in clinical neuroscience (brain, spine and mental health/illness).
- Provide accurate and up to date resources and data to the governments of G20 nation and beyond to adapt new policies for clinical neuroscience.
- Spread awareness amongst all to address mental/psychological issues such as PTSD for healthcare workers, anxiety and stress for patients, for those who lost jobs and about prospect of future after the pandemic and prevention of suicides in the present and post-COVID-19 era.