President Obama Speaks on the BRAIN Initiative and American Innovation
President Obama unveiled the “BRAIN” Initiative—a bold new research effort to revolutionize our understanding of the human mind and uncover new ways to treat, prevent, and cure brain disorders like Alzheimer’s, schizophrenia, autism, epilepsy, and traumatic brain injury.
Message from the Honourable Congressman James Moran; 2013 Pioneer in Healthcare Policy award Recipient
SBMT awards James Moran, U.S. Representative for Virginia's 8th Congressional District, the 2013 Pioneer in Healthcare Policy award. The video is his acceptance speech of that award.
State of The Union 2013 - Brain Mapping
SBMT advocated for more translational research in the area of Brain Mapping. The Honorable President Obama made a clear reference to the importance of human brain mapping research in his 2013 state of the union address; thanks to SBMT's effort.
Message from the Honorable Senator Barbara Boxer; 2005 Pioneer in Healthcare Policy award Recipient
SBMT awards Barbara Boxer, United States Senator from California, the 2005 Pioneer in Healthcare Policy award. The video is his acceptance speech of that award.
- Dr. Ramin Rak Elected to Board of Directors of the Society for Brain Mapping And Therapeutics
ROCKVILLE CENTRE, NY – September 12, 2013
- Breakthrough Device To Treat Neurological Disorders
LOS ANGELES, Calif., July 13, 2013
- AusBiotech secures Australian first with world brain mapping congress
AUSTRALIA, May 14, 2013
- Aus to host first world brain mapping congress
SINGAPORE, May 13, 2013
- Neurosurgery chair invited to speak to Congressional Neuroscience Caucus May 10
LOS ANGELES (May 8, 2013)
- Society for Brain Mapping and Therapeutics (SBMT) announce the formation of American Board of Brain Mapping, its 2013 award recipients and its Brain Mapping Day at the US Congress
LOS ANGELES, Calif., April 12, 2013
- Brain Activity Map Project in Planning Stages
February 20, 2013
- Society for Brain Mapping and Therapeutics endorse President Obama's support for Human Brain Mapping research; nominating him for prestigious Pioneer in Healthcare Policy Award
LOS ANGELES, Calif., February 18, 2013
- Barrack Obama’s support endorsed with healthcare award nomination
LOS ANGELES, Calif., February 18, 2013
- The world's largest Open Access Journal, PLoS ONE, has teamed up with one of the fastest growing multidisciplinary medical associations, SBMT, in order to better educate physicians, scientists, engineers and policy makers on key cross-disciplinary scientific advances
LOS ANGELES, Calif., July 3, 2012
- The Brain Mapping Foundation Awards a US Army colonel and 3 Distinguished U.S. and Canadian Scientists at its Gala in Toronto
WEST HOLLYWOOD, Calif., May 29, 2012
- Top Scientists from US, Canada, and Australia, Member of the Canadian Parliament and Stryker Executive to be Honored by the Society of Brain Mapping and Therapeutics (SBMT)
WEST HOLLYWOOD, Calif., March 16, 2012
- Surgery for Spinal Cord Injury within 24 Hours Improves Outcomes
Toronto, February 23, 2012
- U.S. and Canadian Scientists Form a Global Alliance for Nano-Bio-Electronics in order to rapidly find solutions for Neurological Disorders such as Traumatic Brain injury
LOS ANGELES, Calif., February 13, 2012
- Timing for Clinical Trials for Stem Cell Therapy in Spinal Cord Injuries is Right
Heidleberg / New York, 18 October 2011
- Researchers Rescue Nerve Cells in Spinal Cord Dysfunction
Toronto, April 13, 2011
- U.S. Representative Gabrielle Giffords and NASA Scientist Dr. Minoru Freund to Accept Beacon Award for Courage and Dedication
WEST HOLLYWOOD, Calif., March 21, 2011
Researcher runs a marathon to fight cancer
Babak Kateb is a researcher who ran the LA Marathon in order to fundraise for NBTF and fight Cancer.
NASA technology used in neuroscience
Intraoperative Surgical planning and Image guide Surgery of Brain tumors using NASA Technology.