Guidelines for Abstracts
Abstracts should only be submitted via this website and in English.
- The abstract title should be limited to 30 words.
- The abstract must be concise and have less than 500 words.
- The Abstract should include the first author's and all co-authors names and affiliations - institutions.
- Please login with your username and password to the SBMT abstract online platform.
- In case you do not yet have a user name, you will be requested to subscribe first.
- We highly recommend that you become a member and register as soon as possible in order to take advantage of the discounts for registration and hotel accommodations.
- The REVISED DEADLINE for Abstracts is the end of November, 2013
The use of standard abbreviations is desirable. A special or unusual abbreviation must be placed (in round brackets) after the first appearance of the word(s) for which it stands. The online abstract submission procedure will not accept abstracts that exceed 500 words (body of the abstract). Color illustrations may be printed in black and white in the abstract book.
- Please follow the instructions on the screen.
- When finalizing the on-line submission, it is imperative to click the «submit» button for final submission of the abstract; a message will then appear informing you that the abstract has been registered successfully. The abstract submitter will receive an e-mail confirming the successful submission of the abstract. This confirmation of abstract receipt is NOT a notice of acceptance of your abstract.
- Submitting an abstract for presentation does not constitute registration for the conference. Abstract presenters must register to attend the congress by following the instructions for online registration.
- Careful typing and proofreading are essential, as the abstract will be published as submitted.
- The presenting author is obliged to ascertain that all authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submission to SBMT.
- The presenter and co-authors must identify any financial interest in products or processes described in the abstract.
- In submitting an abstract, the authors accept that the information to be reported is for exclusive presentation in the session to which the abstract will be assigned if accepted. This information should not be presented at a commercially sponsored satellite symposium.
- Abstracts must be submitted and presented at the conference in English.
- Notification of receipt and acceptance will be sent only to the corresponding author.
Authors will be asked to select the following:
- Topic category: choose the topic category that refers to the main subject of the abstract. The Scientific Committee reserves the right to re-categorize the abstract.
- Presentation preference: authors should indicate the presentation preference (oral, poster or no preference). Please note that the final decision on the presentation format will be made by the Scientific Committee.
- Keywords: authors are required to provide 3-6 keywords (start from general keyword for example “Neurosurgery” to more specifics such as “brain tumor” or “nanotechnology”).
- Poster size is maximum 3x5 feet.
- Posters may be disciplined for the duration of the meeting.
- Poster presenters must at least spend an hour next to their posters to explain the science to the audience.
- The abstract is selected for presentation in a poster format. Posters are grouped by topic and are displayed throughout the meeting.
- Oral presentation: Highest ranking abstracts/submissions will be selected for oral presentations.
- Abstracts titles should be brief and reflect the content of the research. The title (max. 30 words) is important since it focuses attention (it is the “showcase” for the presentation).
- Please avoid unusual abbreviation and spell out the abbreviations at least once before reusing it.
- The on-line abstract submission procedure will not accept abstracts that exceed 500 words.
- The preferred font is Verdana 7.
Abstract Selection Process
Abstracts submitted for presentation will be reviewed by an international panel of experts in the field of the subject.
The abstract will be peer reviewed to ensure fairness and eliminate possible bias and chosen based on ranking by science committee
Research obviously not yet performed, and results not yet obtained will be banned.
Abstracts selected for oral and/or poster presentation should be presented at the meeting. If a selected presenting author cannot attend, he should assign a replacement and inform the SBMT meeting manager of the replacement as soon as possible.